UPMC Transplant Services, the UPMC Liver Cancer Center, and the UPMC Center for Liver Diseases will host the 2017 Update in Abdominal Transplantation Medicine and Surgery on Friday, May 12. The conference will be divided into two courses – a liver course and a kidney course and will provide health care professions an overview of current trends, management techniques, and new innovations and research to treat liver and kidney diseases.
Friday, May 12
Registration will begin at 7:30 a.m.
510 Market St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
• Living-Donor Liver Transplant
Presented by: Abhinav Humar, MD
• The Nuts and Bolts of the Liver Transplant
Presented by: Christopher Hughes, MD
• Predictors of Mortality on the Liver Transplant Waiting List and Early Intervention
Presented by: Swaytha Ganesh, MD
• Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: Non-invasive Evaluation and Treatment Options
Presented by: Jaideep Behari, MD, PhD
• Intestinal Rehabilitation and Transplantation Solutions for Complex Gastrointestinal Problems
Presented by: Ruy Cruz, MD
• Living-Donor Kidney Transplant
Presented by: Amit D. Tevar, MD
• Antibodies: HLA Typing, CPRA, Crossmatching, and Antibody-Mediated Rejection
Presented by: Puneet Sood, MD, MPH
• Kidney Transplantation for the Pediatric Patient
Presented by: Armando Ganoza,
• Is My Patient a Candidate: Listing Elderly, Obese and Patients with Cancer
Presented by: Christine Wu, MD and Amit D. Tevar, MD
• Long-term Medical Management of Renal Transplant Patient
Presented by: David J. Levenson, MD
For more information or to register, please visit UPMC.com/AbdominalTransplantConference2017.